Westlake appreciates the service of America’s military personnel. Westlake is committed to the spirit of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), which provides certain protections and benefits to qualified Servicemembers. Westlake recognizes that such accounts require special handling and that is why we have a dedicated team that is educated and trained to assist active military members with the servicing of their accounts.
Benefits for Military Personnel
You may be eligible for benefits if your loan was originated prior to your active duty date, you have made at least one installment payment, and you are:
- Full Time active duty military member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard
- A Reservist on Federal active duty: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corp, or Coast Guard
- Members of the National Guard may be eligible if they meet the following requirements
- Called to Active duty under Section 502 of U.S.C. Title 32, and
- Called to Active duty under U.S.C Title 10, and
- Called to active by the Federal government (not by the Governor of the State), and
- Active duty exceeds (30) thirty days in length
- Servicemembers absent from duty for a lawful cause or because of sickness, wounds or leave
- A commissioned officer of the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration and Public Health Service on active service
- Servicemembers dependents; (Spouse, Children, or any person for whom the Servicemember has provided more than half of their financial support for the past 180 days).
Eligible servicemembers will receive:
- Fee protection
- 6% Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
- Protection from repossession
- Protection from default judgements
Active Duty Orders
To determine your eligibility, submit your Active Duty Orders, a letter from your commanding officer on military letterhead or current LES by:
Attention: Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
P.O. Box 76809 Los Angeles, CA 90076
[email protected] (Please attach your active duty orders and include your account number)
Processing your Request
Westlake Portfolio Management is committed to responding and providing you an update of the status of your request within 48 hours (2 business days) upon receipt of your acceptable military documents.
In addition to reviewing any military orders provided, WPM will review the Department of Defense Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Website to confirm eligibility. If we are unable to validate your eligibility, we will send you a written request to obtain a copy of acceptable military documents to review for re-eligibility.
If your eligibility is confirmed, you will receive a written notification confirming your eligibility.
To learn more about the program, check your eligibility, or request loan assistance as an active duty Servicemember contact us:
1-888-739-9192 x 5775
Monday – Friday: 5 am – 7 pm
Saturday: 5 am – 2 pm
Sunday: 5 am – 2 pm
Pacific Standard Time